Ditch the peach fuzz! Dermablading, also known as epi-blading, ‘dermaplaning’ or ‘epidermal levelling’ is the latest in deep exfoliation and skin smoothing treatments. Jodie King, founder of Skin Clinic @Blyss, Clovelly explains why dermablading is the latest standout skin treatment.
Eli-Blading or dermablading is an extremely gentle method of exfoliation that uses a surgical tool to remove the outer layers of dead skin cells as well as any fine hair (also known as vellus hair or ‘peach fuzz’) to make the skin amazingly smooth and promote a rejuvenated look and perfect makeup application.
This treatment has become very popular at our clinic. We see clients every day who are concerned about the ‘peach fuzz’ they have on the sides of their face. This is largely caused by hormones and happens as we age. Aside from making you feel self-conscious, it also means that makeup doesn’t sit very well and even the best skin care products won’t penetrate as well, so they can’t do their job effectively.
After dermablading, our clients love the feeling of smooth skin and will often come in monthly or quarterly to see us.
The benefits are smooth, glowing skin which means your makeup glides on and your skin feels super clean because we also remove dead skin buildup and makeup residue. It’s really effective when we add in an LED or peels the skin afterwards.
The great thing about Dermablading though is that we aren’t actually using any product on the skin, therefore it’s safe to perform with pregnancy and on the most sensitive skins. In my opinion, it’s a more effective treatment than microdermabrasion.
We can do a one off or a regular monthly treatment, as well as incorporating this treatment with other treatments such as LED or peels to take your treatments to the next level.
Epi-blading is great for treating the following:
- Congested breakout prone skin
- Hairy skin – fine downy, “vellus” hair
- Fine lines
- Redness and rosacea (due to stimulation of collagen and dermal thickening)
- Sun damaged, blotchy skin
- Thickened, oily skin
What are the benefits of epi-blading?
- It’s a great alternative for clients with sensitive skin or who are pregnant or breastfeeding as there is no need for the use of product on the skin
- 45-minute treatment with no downtime
- It can be used as a stand alone treatment or in conjunction with IPL, chemical peels or LED light therapy for enhanced penetration of product
- Removes fine, white vellus hair that is unable to be treated with laser, without changing the growth structure of the hair (it will not grow back coarse or dark)
- Can minimise superficial acne scarring, while improving uneven skin tone
Epi-blading is perfect for more mature skins, removing cellular buildup that slows with age
- Gives skin the perfect canvas for a flawless makeup base
- Enhances the results of other skin treatments, such as peels and anti-wrinkle injections
Jodie King is a dermal clinician and owner/director of Skin Clinic @Blyss in Clovelly, Sydney. www.skinclinicblyss.com.au